Winners! If you have not yet received your invitation to prize-giving, please give your club鈥檚 BROE contact (probably Entries Sec) a nudge and ask them to check spam if they don鈥檛 think they have it 馃弳馃弲
THANK YOU to everyone who came along yesterday, whether to race, cheer crews along or help, the Pairs Head wouldn鈥檛 be what it is without you.
We particularly want to thank the volunteer officials, launch drivers, host clubs and those that keep everyone fed and watered without whom the race couldn鈥檛 go ahead.
Thank you to everyone for bearing with us this morning. It is now fabulous to see crews racing past race HQ in glorious sunshine. #PairsHead
Conditions are currently within safe parameters for the race to start at 11am. We recognise that the visibility is still inconsistent along the course, and therefore remind competitors to take great care as they proceed to their marshalling position.
We are aware conditions are not improving as fast as expected. We will make a final decision shortly and communicate at 9:45am
Race start delayed by 30 minutes to 11am. This is due to mist and poor visibility on the river. We are confident the race will be able to go ahead safely at 11am.
It鈥檚 almost RACE DAY! We can鈥檛 wait to welcome everyone to the Tideway tomorrow.
Please can competitors ensure they have read the instructions:
bblrc.co.uk/pairshead/
This year鈥檚 race will take place on Sunday 4th October at 10.30am. Full details are now available on the website; please pay particular attention to the new entry process.
bblrc.co.uk/pairshead/
We can鈥檛 wait to welcome you all back to the Tideway!
#Rowing #PairsHead
RACE CANCELLED.
Unfortunately, weather forecasts are unanimous in predicting gale-force gusts tomorrow afternoon, making conditions unsafe to marshal or to race. With little chance of conditions improving, the committee has made the difficult decision to cancel the event.
We would like to thank everyone for their understanding, and especially thank the many volunteers who generously offered their time.
All clubs will be contacted regarding partial refunds once our costs have been finalised. We kindly ask for your patience while we do this.
The committee is aware that some forecasts predict high winds on Saturday afternoon. As the outlook remains uncertain & inconsistent, preparations continue for the race to proceed as scheduled. If a decision to cancel is required, it will be made and communicated by 5pm Friday.
Wishing good luck to everyone racing or helping at @ScullersHead today. We look forward to seeing everyone for @pairshead next Saturday.
Entries have now been suspended as we have reached capacity. We do not operate a waiting list as we accept entries over the max to allow for scratchings (based on historical data). We apologise to everyone who is disappointed and thank you for your interest in the event.
Entries for this year鈥檚 race open at midday on Monday. Full details are on the website
bblrc.co.uk/pairshead/
馃弳 We are looking forward to welcoming our winners to @BBLRC for #PairsHead prize giving today 馃弳

